Okay, not completely natural. But as far as makeup looks go, I’m just so obsessed with a clean, flawless canvas and not much else!
Skin has been such a trend lately, too, especially on the runway. And I have a feeling the natural look will remain one of the most sought after makeup styles this year, so follow these tips to rock a more natural look:
1. Of course a flawless face starts with good skin! Focus on skincare: If your skin is in bad shape, take the necessary steps to make sure you’re taking care of your skin very well and cultivating a good environment for healthy cells to grow.
2. Opt for a BB or CC cream instead of a full coverage foundation. Or, if you’re not comfortable with coverage that’s that light, try a foundation that’s light to medium coverage. The benefits of using a BB or CC cream is that the appearance is more natural and these types of products usually come with good-for-your-skin ingredients. And, of course, they always have an SPF.
3. Which brings me to my next point… SPF! Mandatory, not optional.
4. Take it easy on the blush. My advice would be to use a cream blush and dab it on with your fingers. When you’re using a cream product and you apply using skin-to-skin contact, it generates warmth which helps the product to blend in well with your skin and appear as natural as possible.
5. Focus on your brows! I’m so glad brows have been a focal point in beauty recently, and rightfully so: Spend a little time grooming and shaping your brows to enhance them so that your eye makeup can be on the lighter side.
6. If you’re game, skip the eye makeup altogether. For my blonds, I know it’s tough since you tend to have lighter eyelashes and want some more definition; so maybe a few swipes of mascara and call it a day! For my darker-skinned beauties, many of us already have dark, defined eye lines and lashes, so work that natural beauty!
7. Try a clear or tinted balm for your lips. There’s nothing prettier than dabbing on a rosy lip balm for a youthful, natural look.